Monday, October 10, 2016

Physics In "Doctor Strange"

Adam Frank, a physics professor at the University of Rochester, talks about being a consultant for the upcoming Marvel movie "Doctor Strange".

I suppose the biggest and most dicey issue that he had to deal with is how to deal with "consciousness", because as he stated, we actually do not have a concrete description of it. This is where many movies, and many pseudoscientists, allow themselves wide liberty at abusing the concept.

I will see "Doctor Strange" when it comes up, and I'll see for myself how the movie deals with this.

Zz.

4 comments:

Douglas Natelson said...

Why does no one offer me the technical consultant gig on sci-fi movies? Seriously, I've brought this up before.

ZapperZ said...

Maybe you need to hire an agent, Doug! :)

Zz.

Douglas Natelson said...

So, is it good? I haven't had a chance to see it yet.

ZapperZ said...

I'm going to see it tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Zz.